Indoor gardening is one of the best activities that you can engage in, whether you want to do it commercially or for your personal consumption. This can be done using grow tents, which are used for purpose of growing crops hydroponically. The main advantage is that you can practice gardening even when you have limited space. All you need to do is find the best grow tent for the money and you will be good to go.
There are so many different types of growing tents, which come in various shapes and sizes. This will give you a controlled environment for your plants. The lighting of the plants growing tents is quite critical and you will need to find one that is suitable to produce adequate light for the plants. The size of the tent that you will choose is quite important as it will influence the plants that you will grow as well as the accessories that can be supported.
If you end up with a very small tent, this would mean that the plants will be crowded and they will not be healthy. On the other hand, is the hydroponic tent is oversized, it may cost you too much and not give a good return. This is a guide to help you choose the right size tents for the Indoor Gardening.
Why Use An Indoor Gardening Tent?
When you look at the various grow tent reviews, you will notice that these are practical systems for indoor gardening. You will be able to control the temperature, humidity and the light that is in the tent. With the quality growing tents, you will be able to also keep out pests that may try to come into your tent. There is a greater advantage, unlike the ordinary outdoor gardening. Here are some reasons, why you should the indoor grow tent.
- The hydroponic grow tent does not take too much space and as such, even if you live in the city, you can be able to make use of the tent. All you need to do is find one that will fit the space that you have available.
- The other reason is the fact that you will be fully in control of the environment of the plants that you will grow. You do not need to worry about the external elements affecting your plants. In fact, even pests will not find a way of getting into the all in one grow tent.
- The fact that you are in charge of the environment, you will grow very healthy plants. The best indoor grow systems allow you to grow any types of plants all years round. This means that even the seasonal plants can be grown anytime that you desire.
- Some people are wary of indoor gardening as a result of the bad odor that is emitted. However, the grow tents come with advanced technology that will eliminate the odor. The canvas is quite thick and the zippers will seal the tent tightly and the carbon filters will purify the air.
- Lastly, with the quality growing tents, you will grow your own organic food that is healthy. Most of the commercial food stuff is grown artificially, and these chemicals used can be bad for your health. Eat food that you have grown and observed from the comfort of your home.
There are so many reasons why you should use the hydroponic gardening tent. I have highlighted the main ones above, but there are so many others that you will enjoy, as long as you can find the right size.
Buying Guide of a Quality Growing Tent?
Do you love gardening, but you feel limited because you live in a city apartment? Well, there is a perfect solution for this, as you can use the hydroponic tent to grow the plants that you desire. Fortunately, you so do not need to have a whole room or construct a growing space, as the grow tents will suffice. There are so many different sizes tent and models on the market. Here are some factors that you can use to find the best grow tent brand.
Searching for the best grow tent for the money should mainly focus on the space that you have. You should not use any assumptions, but ensure that you have taken the exact measurements. When looking at the space, you need to consider enough space for setting up as well as maintaining the grow tent. It is important to have in mind the type of plants that you wish to grow.
The height of The Growing Tent
You also need to consider the height of the growing tent when shopping for the right one. This will determine the type of lights that you will use as shorter tents do not need intense lights. If you put very strong lights, you may end up burning the plants in the grow tent. The other reason why you need to pay attention to the height of the tent is to ensure that you have enough space for the plants, without affecting the installation of the accessories.
You need to consider the cost implication of the indoor grow tent that you will be buying. This is a major factor to influence the quality and size of the tent. One of the things that you should be keen on, is the quality, which you should never compromise over price. You should compare different models so that you can find the best grow tent brand. Take a look at different tents within the same price range so that you can pick the one that has the best features.
The ventilation of the grow tent is another important consideration. This will give you the ability to control the temperature and humidity levels in the tent. As such, you will be able to keep the environment in the best conditions to be able to support proper plant growth. The ventilation system is what will ensure that you enjoy proper air circulation to help the plants to thrive.
Feature and Accessories
You should also look at the features and accessories that are provided. Some of the accessories that are crucial include support bars, light systems and so on. You should check if the tent comes with these accessories or you will have to buy them separately. The tents that come as a package are better and economical and would be the right budget grow tent.
How Many Plants Can I Perfectly Grow?
The hydroponic grow tent will allow you to plant a number of plants. The number of plants that you can grow will depend on the size of the tent, size of the pots as well as the lighting source. There are people who prefer to grow smaller plants, which will be harvested soon and these can be quite a handful. Generally rule that you need to follow, as a guide is to have 2 to 4 plants per grow light. It is best to check the recommendations of the manufacturer so as to grow the right number of plants.
How to Properly Setup a Growing Tent?
Once you have purchased the perfect hydro tent for indoor gardening, you will need to understand the setup process. Ordinarily, most manufacturers will provide instructions on how to mount the grow tent. Below, is a simple guide that would be essential when you need to set up a tent?
The package contains
- Growing tent kit
- Grow lights
- Carbon filter
The process of Setting up a Growing tent
Step 1: Erecting Frame
The frame is essential in the setup of a hydroponic tent. As such, this would be the first thing to do. Connect all the poles, with the relevant metal connectors. Ensure that this is being done when you want the tent to be erected. If you erect it elsewhere, you may realize that it will not fit in the doorway, which will force you to dismantle it.
Step 2: Install Lighting
Grow lights are part of an indoor grow tent and this is what you need to place on the support bars. There are different types of hangers for the grow lights, with the best option being the rope ratchets.
Step 3: Connect the Exhaust Fan and Carbon Filter
This is also crucial and you should hang it in a strategic place so as to get proper air circulation. The rope ratchets can also be used to hang fans. While at it, connect the carbon filter to help in the purification of air inside the indoor growing systems.
Step 5: Cover the tent
With the accessories and the frame of the tent in place, it is now time to cover the tent, with the canvas that it came with. Ensure that you have placed each corner in the right way. The inner part of the cover is highly reflective and the same applies to the floor tray. This will reflect the light to the plants inside the tent. Your grow tent should be ready for use, but you should test all the features before placing the plants.
For more in-depth information about how to build a grow tent I highly recommend this article:
Tips for Setting up Your First Grow Tent:
Do you have one of the top rated grow tents in your home? Here are some of the tips when you are setting it up:
- If the tent will be erected in a corner, the door, viewport and reach-in access should not be blocked.
- Check to ensure that the hydroponic tent for the ports and vents so as to ensure that they are conveniently located so as to give adequate ventilation.
- Do you plan to set up the tent near the intake and exhaust locations?
- It is also important to consider if you have sufficient electrical access to the indoor grow tent. Most of the accessories will take up a whole lot of energy and as such, you need to have a stable power source.
- If the tent is going to be in an area where there is much activity or an occupied room, then it needs to have incredible light blocking capacity. This is to ensure that the atmosphere inside the tent is not affected by external pressures.
- It is a good idea to have a grow tent that has a storage facility for the supplies and other gardening tools.
- Bear in mind that you need to be maintaining the tent and as such, set it up in such a manner that you will access it easily.
If you have just bought the best indoor plants growing tent, and it is your first one, then these tips will come in handy.
Grow tent sizes will vary and you can pick one that will suit your needs in the best way possible. There are small, medium and large grow tents that you will come across on the market. I have shared a number of factors as well as vital information that will help you in choosing the right size tent. Manufacturers will keep advertising their tents are the best indoor grow systems, and since you cannot take their word for it, the basic factors that I have shared should help you with your decision.
Compare a number of indoor plants growing tents and look for customer reviews so as to get the best grow tent. The owner’s manual should be your reference guide at all times when it comes to setting up a hydroponic tent. If this guide has been of great help, please leave a comment and also share it so that your loved ones can learn how to choose the right size indoor growing tent.